Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My First Ghanian Christmas!

Hey everyone!


Hope you all had a Merry Christmas back home, filled with lots of joy and celebration! I had quite a Christmas celebration myself here in Ghana! It began like any other day with me cruising around town on my bicycle picking up supplies and whatnot, but once in town I ran into one of my basketball friends here in Damongo. He invited me to play some ball with the rest of the Damango basketball players I had played with before along with some new friends from Germany.

It was a very fun game of basketball (10 buckets from yours truly....yes I keep my stats in pickup basketball lol), and the German girls who played with us were both EXTREMELY good basketball players, they made me bite on shot fakes more than once!


After the game was over some of the locals who were playing asked me and our new German friends to join them for a Christmas celebration at one of the canteen/restaurants in town that night. So I called my good friend Braimah about it and we both decided to join them!


It was a fun night I drank one of the local made carbonated drinks known as Alvaro (AKA peach flavored deliciousness) and ate some unexpectedly delicious roasted chicken gizzards!  After eating, I decided to cut a little Ghanian rug and started dancing with some of the residents of Damango! It was a lot of fun even though I'm a TERRIBLE dancer haha.
Braimah and I chowing down on some Chicken gizzards!

busting a move with one of the locals of Damongo...or trying to!




All in all it was a very memorable way to spend my first Christmas away from home and I'm sure I'll treasure and remember it along the rest of my wonderful experiences here for the rest of my life!
The rest of my Christmas crew!


Merry Christmas to everyone again, and God Bless!

1 comment: